It’s been a long time coming, but the official Cherry Mobile Flare X Lollipop 5.1 update is finally here! It’s only available as a manual update though, so you’ll need to download and install it yourself. Still, if you’ve been eagerly waiting to upgrade your Flare X from KitKat 4.4 to Lollipop 5.1, your wait is finally over!
Want to get it done manually then? Make sure you’re ready to get dirty (not real dirty)
Make sure you prepare these things before you proceed.
- Cherry Mobile Flare X is running on stock KitKat 4.4 and have a 50-90% battery, a charger ready would be nice
- micro SD card with at least 8GB free space
- MicroUSB cable
- Computer connected to the internet
Now, onto real business
- Download the Flare X update here
- Copy the file onto your SD card via USB cable
- Do not unzip it on the SD card, just copy and paste
- You can rename the zip file, if there are more files within that SD card. A clean SD card without anything in it would be handy though.
- Turn off your device
- Once Flare X has been turned off, hold power + volume for 5 seconds. An option screen will appear
- You can use the volume up to scroll up and down, and volume down to confirm your choice
- Select recovery and an animation will appear
- Press volume down + power to proceed to the recovery process
- Press volume down to choose apply update from SD card, then volume up.
- Another window will appear, and use the volume down to confirm the zip file
- You will see a word install/SD card and you’ll have to wait a few minutes while the update is installing
- Once the installation is finished, you can see from the lower part of your screen install from SD card complete.
- Android system will try to reboot the device, choose to reboot
- Once done, your Flare X is now running on Lollipop 5.1, delete the zip file to free some space
Hope that was a clear instruction, make sure you read twice and have everything set up to your Cherry Mobile Flare X. Good luck!