Xiaomi showed the first pictures of their new Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus earlier this week, these smartphones has finally been revealed. The brand attempts to deliver new solid products at very affordable prices, following the Redmi 4 and Redmi Note 4 which was the two most popular phones in India in 2016.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus offers a 18:9 display, a rounded corners with a thin bezels on top and bottom of the screen, a fingerprint sensor an a rear camera. The entire body is made from aluminium, which comes from blue, pink, gold and black.
Entire specs of Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor for Redmi 5, Snapdragon 625 for Redmi 5 Plus
- 5.7-inch 18:9 “HD+” LCD for Redmi 5, 5.99-inch 18:9 “Full HD+” for Redmi 5 Plus
- 2 or 3GB of RAM for Redmi 5, 3 or 4GB for Redmi 5 Plus
- 3300mAh battery for Redmi 5, 4000mAh for Redmi 5 Plus
- 16 or 32GB of storage for Redmi 5, 32GB or 64GB for Redmi 5 Plus
- Unspecified camera sensor with 1.25-micron pixels
- Selfie light
- Micro USB charging
Redmi 5 starts at $120 for the 2GB RAM 16GB storage, and $135 for 3GB RAM 32GB storage. The Redmi 5 Plus starts at around $150 for 3GB 32GB storage and $180 for 4GB 64GB storage.
These are very affordable smartphones, especially the Redmi 5 Plus with Snapdragon 625 processor and a large battery using a 18:9 dispaly, you can’t beat that!
The new line up was announced for China and will be available on December 12, 2017. We are waiting if Xiaomi will release Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus in other parts of Asia, US or UK as well.